Get on the Fast Track in the Fastest Growing Sector of the Indian IT Industry
“India’s Remote Infrastructure Management Segment has been on an accelerated growth path...This segment has emerged as the growth engine within IT services, recording a ~11% growth in FY2010....By 2020, India’s RIM segment is expected to be ~US 30 billion and exploiting this opportunity will require all stakeholders – industry, academic, government and associations – to collaborate and promote India as a preferred destination for RIM services.”
– Enabling Transformation within IT Services
TalentSprint's RIM Foundation Certification develops skills, in the area of technology, process and communication which are essential to becoming a successful RIM engineer. We prepare professional for their first IT job by providing Industry focused case studies, hands on approach to learning technology and experience with industry tools.
Target Audience: B.Sc. / Diploma / B.E. / B.Tech.
Duration: 2-3 months
TalentSprint's Remote Infrastructure Foundation Program is a skills development program that prepares you for a career as a Remote Infrastructure Management professional. Starting from a basic foundation in IT fundamentals the training program follows an intense, practical, hands-on approach in giving trainees a thorough foundation in networking, operating systems, databases etc. The technologies and products related to RIM are explored in detail.
There is a strong focus on soft skills and professional communications training throughout the course. Students make presentations, write documents and hold discussions. Thus practice skills which increase their confidence and improve their ability to influence, motivate and communicate are stressed as part of the course.
What is RIM?
Remote Infrastructure Management defines the segment of the IT industry where companies manage the IT systems for their clients from India. This includes management of the entire IT infrastructure including workstations, servers, storage systems, databases and applications.
This is a non-discretionary, mission critical activity where any disruption of infrastructure can cause a loss of millions of dollars. It requires proactive problem identification and resolution to help identify and fix issues before there is any interruption in services.
What does it take to be a successful RIM Engineer?
RIM Engineers are in great demand in India. This job is not for everyone. It requires engineers with a can do attitude, excellent communication skills and understanding of multiple different technologies.
- A good understanding of different technologies including networking hardware, software, databases and applications.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to spot problems and find resolutions before they become critical issues similar to IT Solutions.
- Process orientation and discipline to follow well defined processes for infrastructure monitoring and problem reporting.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with clients in India and overseas.
- Ability to be cool and confident and take quick action in stressful situations when serious issues come up.
- Excellent client interfacing skills and ability to travel to any part of the world to work with multinational clients.