For Bank and Government Exams
The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of personnel for Clerical cadre Clerksts in the Participating Organisations is tentatively scheduled in December 2017 & January 2018.
IBPS, an autonomous body, has received a mandate from the organisations mentioned at (A) below, to conduct the recruitment process as mentioned above, once a year. IBPS will make arrangements for conducting online Preliminary examination, declare result of online Preliminary examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the online Main examination. Prospective candidates will have to apply to IBPS after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed, application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
Click on the link below to download State-wise Vacancies for IBPS Clerk 2017Click here
1.Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|7||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent
qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute
Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 03.10.2017. Such certificates should be dated on or before 03.10.2017.
Note: All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 03.10.2017.
CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
I. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
b. IBPS Clerk Main Exam
|Sr.No||Name of Tests(NOT BY SEQUENCE)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Total :||190||200||160 minutes|
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
(i) The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The tentative list of Examination centres for the Preliminary exams and those for Main exams is available in Annexure II.
(ii) No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
(iii) IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc
(iv) IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for and a candidate may be allocated a centre of exam outside the State/UT for which vacancies he/she is applying
(v) Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
(vi) Any unruly behaviour/misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from future exams conducted by IBPS
Cut-off Score (Online Main examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process. Depending on number of the State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment. Prior to the completion of provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates
(List of Documents to be produced at the time of joining (as applicable)
The following documents in original and self-attested photocopies in support of the candidate’s eligibility and identity are to be invariably submitted at the time of joining
(i) Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for CWE Clerks-VII
(ii) Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
(iii) Photo Identify Proof as indicated in Point F of the advertisement.
(iv) Mark-sheets & certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 03.10.2017 has to be submitted.
(v) Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority as stipulated by Government of India in the case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
(vi) Disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Benchmark Disability category If the candidate has used the services of a Scribe at the time of CWE the duly filled in details of the scribe in the prescribed format.
(vii) Ex-Servicemen candidates: (i) Candidates who are released/ retired from Armed Forces are required to submit a certificate as per Proforma A. Such Ex-servicemen candidates have to produce a copy of the discharge Certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of joining. (ii) Candidates who are still in the Armed Forces and desirous of applying under Ex-Servicemen category should submit Proforma B from the Competent Authority showing his/her date of completion of specific period of engagement (SPE) along with the declaration in Proforma C. Such candidates whose SPE is completed on or before 11.09.2018 are eligible to apply. Such candidates have to submit a release letter and a self-declaration from the candidate that he/ she is entitled to benefits admissible to Ex-Servicemen as per Govt. of India rules (iii) Those candidates who have completed their initial period of assignment and who are on extended assignment are required to submit the certificate as per Proforma D. (iv) Dependents of Servicemen killed in action or those who have been severely disabled have to produce satisfactory documentary proof showing that they are Dependents of Servicemen killed in action or severely disabled and an affidavit stating that the relaxation is availed by one dependent of Ex-Servicemen or not availed by any Dependent of Servicemen killed in action or severely disabled.
(viii) Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of joining, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
(ix) Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (5) must produce the Death certificate of husband/ documents in support of Divorce or judicial separation and an affidavit/ declaration that they are not remarried.
(x) Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (6) must produce the domicile certificate at the time of joining/ at any stage of the subsequent process from the District Jurisdiction where he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
(xi) Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (7) must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government and communicated vide Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No.F.No.9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007.
(xii) Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (8) above must produce an affidavit/ certificate in support of their claim of belonging to Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only) category.
(xiii) Experience certificates, if any
(xiv) Persons falling in categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) of Point B (I) should produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. Of India
(xv) Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility.
Note:- Candidates will not be allowed to join the participating organisation if he/ she fails to produce the relevant eligibility documents as mentioned above.
Candidates can apply online only from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should—
(i) scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
(iv) Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for applying online
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the
link “CWE Clerks” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks
(CWE-Clerks-VII)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
(2) Candidates will have to click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
(3) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure III).
(4) Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form properly verified and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
(5) The candidate should indicate in the online application the state to which he/she opts for provisional allotment on selection. The option once exercised will be irrevocable.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
1.Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
2.Rs. 600 /- for all others.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Mode Of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only: Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
(i) Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and
click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL
SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his
/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any
change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data.
(ii) The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
(iii) The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
(iv) After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
(v) If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online.
(vi) On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
(vii) Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated then online transaction may not have been successful.
(1) Candidates will have to invariably produce and submit the requisite documents such as valid call letter, a
photocopy of photo-identity proof bearing the same name as it appears on the online submitted application
form etc. at the time of examinations (Preliminary & Main). No document shall be directly sent to IBPS
by candidates before or after the online examinations (Preliminary & Main).
(2) Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates are therefore advised to carefully read this advertisement and follow all the instructions given for submitting online application.
(3) All the candidates who wish to apply under CRP-Clerk-VII are hereby informed that providing AADHAR number or AADHAR Enrolment number in the application, for CWE Clerk-VII is optional.
(4) A Candidate’s admission to the Preliminary examination/ shortlisting for Main examination/ admission to the Main examination and subsequent processes is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter(s)/ provisional allotment has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/ her candidature has been finally cleared by IBPS/ Participating Organisation. IBPS/ Participating Organisations would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s).If candidature of any candidate is rejected for any reason according to the terms and conditions of this advertisement, no further representation in this regard will be entertained. Such decisions shall be final and binding on the candidate. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected after appointment in a Participating Organisation, his/her services are liable to be summarily terminated.
(5) Decision of Nodal Banks/Participating Organisations/ IBPS in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, qualifications and other eligibility norms, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Examination, verification etc. and any other matter relating to CWE Clerks-VII will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by IBPS/ Participating Organisations in this regard. IBPS/ Nodal Bank/ Participating Organisations take no responsibility to receive/ collect any certificate/remittance/ document sent separately.
(6) The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination (CWE Clerk-VII). If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CWE of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled.
(7) Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. In case of multiple Applications only the latest valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charges paid for the other multiple registration(s) will stand forfeited. The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination (CWE Clerks-VII). If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CWE of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled.
(8) Multiple attendance/ appearances in the online examination will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
(9) Online applications once registered will not be allowed to be withdrawn and/or the application fee/ intimation charges once paid will not be refunded nor be held in reserve for any other examination.
(10) Any resulting dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai.
(11) The candidate should indicate in the online application the State to which he/she opts for provisional allotment on selection. The option once exercised will be irrevocable.
(12) Any canvassing or creating influence for undue advantage shall lead to disqualification from the process.
(13) Any request for change of date, time and venue for online examination (Preliminary & Main) will not be entertained.
(14) Any request for change of address, details mentioned in the online application form will not be entertained.
(15) In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this advertisement other than English, the English version available on IBPS website shall prevail.
(16) A candidate should ensure that the signatures appended by him/her in all the places viz. in his/her call letter, attendance sheet etc. and in all correspondence with the IBPS/ Participating Organisations in future should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
(17) A recent, recognizable photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) should be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form and the candidate should ensure that copies of the same are retained for use at various stages of the process. Candidates are also advised not to change their appearance till the process is completed. Failure to produce the same photograph at various stages of the process or doubt about identity at any stage could lead to disqualification.
(18) The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of IBPS. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
(19) Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations/ IBPS shall not be responsible for any application made/ wrong information provided by an unauthorized person / institution. Candidates are advised not to share/ mention their application details with/to anyone.
(20) Appointment of provisionally allotted candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit, as per any other requirements of the Participating Organisation and subject to service and conduct rules of the Participating Organisation. Decision of Participating Organisations to which candidates are provisionally allotted will be final and binding on candidates. IBPS has no role to play here. Any queries in this regard are to be made to the Participating Organisations only.
(21) IBPS reserves the right to change (cancel/ modify/ add) any of the criteria, method of selection and provisional allotment etc.
(22) Intimations will be sent by email and/ or sms only to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CWE Clerks-VII.
IBPS shall not be responsible if the information/ intimations do not reach candidates in case of change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise, beyond the control of IBPS and candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for latest updates.
(23) Order of preference for Participating Organisations has been inbuilt in the online application form. Candidates should necessarily indicate their order of preferences at this stage. No request for change in this connection shall be entertained.
The Centre, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations and interview shall be intimated
in the respective Call Letter.
An eligible candidate should download his/her call letter from the IBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/ her details i.e. Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier.