For Bank and Government Exams
Candidates, intending to apply for CRP-PO/MT-VIII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
I. Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
II. Age (As on 01.08.2018):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1988 and not later than 01.08.1998 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
NOTE: (i) The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only
one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point
No. II (3) to II (6).
(ii) The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
(iii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
(iv) In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
III. Educational Qualifications (As on 04.09.2018):
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Note: (1) All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the final result should have been declared on or before 04.09.2018.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 04.09.2018 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any) multiplied by 100. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IV . Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
a. Blindness and low vision;
b. deaf and hard of hearing;
c. locomotor disability including cerebral palsy. leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
d. autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
e. multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities:
Note: Definition of the above specified disabilities will be as per “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016”.
The allocation of reserved vacancies for the persons with benchmark disabilities will be as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating Organisations.
(i) Guidelines for Persons With Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online examination (Preliminary and Main). In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
1. The candidate will have to arrange his / her own scribe at his/her own cost.
2. The scribe may be from any academic stream.
3. Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfil any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the CRP.
4. Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
5. The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the online examination under (CRP- PO/MT-VIII). If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CRP of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the examination should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favourably entertained.
7. Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be possible for the test conducting agency to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the same. Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
(ii) Guidelines for candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
A Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour or otherwise advised shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment).
(iii) Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
1. Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
2. The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
(iv) Guidelines for Candidates with Intellectual Disability (ID)
A Compensatory time of twenty minutes per hour of examination, either availing the services of a scribe or not, shall be permitted to the candidates with more than 40% Intellectual Disability (autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness).
These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of
personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Participating Organisations is tentatively
scheduled in October / November 2018.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Organisations listed at (A) as a Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP- PO/MT-VIII). The examination will be two tier i.e. the online examination will be held in two phases, Online Preliminary and Online Main. Candidates who will qualify in Online Preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Online Main examination and shortlisted candidates in the Online Main examination will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank. Depending on the final vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2019-20 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative convenience, etc. The validity for CRP- PO/MT-VIII will automatically expire at the close of business on 31.03.2020 with or without giving any notice.
Indicative categorywise vacancies of each of the Participating Organizations are given vide Annexure I. Recruitment in Participating Organizations is a dynamic process which depends upon restriction imposed, business volume, business growth, health of the organizations, branch expansion, internal and external factors, structural changes etc. Vacancies mentioned here are indicative and anticipated as communicated by the participating organisations. However, Provisional allotment will be made based on the actual vacancies reported by the participating organisations.
This system of Common Recruitment Process- Online Preliminary & Online Main Examination, Common Interview and provisional allotment for recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in Participating Organisations has the approval of the appropriate authorities. IBPS, an autonomous body, has received a mandate from the organisations mentioned at (A) below, to conduct the recruitment process as mentioned above, once a year. IBPS will make arrangements for conducting online Preliminary examination, declare result of online Preliminary examination, inform the shortlisted candidates about the online Main examination, declare the results of the Online Main examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the interview. Interviews will be conducted by the participating organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each state/ UT. Prospective candidates will have to apply to IBPS after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations, interview and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
Candidates are advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for details and updates.
CRP – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
I. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be
shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
b. Main Examination
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 14.08.2018 to 04.09.2018 (Online payment), both dates
inclusive, shall be as follows
- Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Rs. 600 /- for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Candidates can apply online only from 14.08.2018 to 04.09.2018 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should—
(i) scan their :
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- left thumb impression (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb. If both thumbs are missing, the impression of one of the fingers of the left hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If there are no fingers on the left hand, the impression of one of the fingers of the right hand starting from the forefinger should be taken. If no fingers are available, the impression of left toe may be taken. In all such cases where left thumb impression is not uploaded, the candidate should specify in the uploaded document the name of finger and the specification of left/right hand or toe). - a hand written declaration (text given below) (In case of candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications).
ensuring that the all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged
(iv) The text for the hand written declaration is as follows –
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
(v) The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only. If it is written by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid.
(vi) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
(vii) have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CRP. IBPS may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on- line and must maintain that email account.
(1) Candidates will have to invariably produce and submit the requisite documents such as valid call letter,
a photocopy and original of photo-identity proof bearing the same name as it appears on the online
submitted application form etc. at the time of examinations (Preliminary & Main) and interview
(2) Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates are therefore advised to carefully read this advertisement and follow all the instructions given for submitting online application.
(3) All the candidates who wish to apply under CRP-PO/MT-VIII are hereby informed that providing AADHAR number or AADHAR Enrolment number in the application, for CRP-PO/MT-VIII is optional.
(4) A Candidate’s admission to the examination/ shortlisting for interview/ and subsequent processes is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter(s)/ provisional allotment has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/ her candidature has been finally cleared by IBPS/ Participating Organisation. IBPS/ Participating Organisations would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If candidature of any candidate is rejected for any reason according to the terms and conditions of this advertisement, no further representation in this regard will be entertained. Such decisions shall be final and binding on the candidate. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected after appointment in a Participating Organisation, his/her services are liable to be summarily terminated.
(5) Decision of Nodal Banks/Participating Organisations/ IBPS in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, qualifications and other eligibility norms, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Examination, interview, verification etc. and any other matter relating to CRP-PO/MT-VIII will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by IBPS/ Participating Organisations in this behalf.
(6) The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination (CRP-PO/MT- VIII). If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CRP of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled.
(7) Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. In case of multiple Applications only the latest valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charges paid for the other multiple registration(s) will stand forfeited.
(8) Multiple attendance/ appearances in the online examination and/ interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
(9) Online applications once registered will not be allowed to be withdrawn and/or the application fee/ intimation charges once paid will not be refunded nor be held in reserve for any other examination.
(10) Any resulting dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai.
(11) Any canvassing or creating influence for undue advantage shall lead to disqualification from the process.
(12) Any request for change of address, details mentioned in the online application form will not be entertained.
(13) Any request for change of date, time and venue for online examination and interview will not be entertained.
(14) In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this advertisement other than English, the English version available on IBPS website shall prevail.
(15) A candidate should ensure that the signatures appended by him/her in all the places viz. in his/her call letter, attendance sheet etc. and in all correspondence with the IBPS/ Participating Organisations in future should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will not be acceptable.
(16) A recent, recognizable photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) should be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form and the candidate should ensure that copies of the same are retained for use at various stages of the process. Candidates are also advised not to change their appearance till the process is completed. Failure to produce the same photograph at various stages of the process or doubt about identity at any stage could lead to disqualification.
(17) The left thumb impression which is scanned and uploaded should not be smudged.
(18) The hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only. If it is written by anybody else and uploaded or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid.
(19) The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re- exam is at the absolute discretion of IBPS. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
(20) Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own expense. However, eligible outstation SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities category candidates called for interview will be paid II class to & fro railway/ bus fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel (rail/ bus ticket etc.). The above concession will not be admissible to SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities category candidates who are already in service in Central / State Government, Corporations, Public Undertakings / Local Government, Institutions and Panchayats etc.
(21) Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations/ IBPS shall not be responsible for any application made/ wrong information provided by an unauthorized person / institution. Candidates are advised not to share/ mention their application details with/to anyone.
(22) Appointment of provisionally allotted candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit, as per any other requirements of the Participating Organisation and subject to service and conduct rules of the Participating Organisation. Decision of Participating Organisations to which candidates are provisionally allotted will be final and binding on candidates. IBPS has no role to play here. Any queries in this regard are to be made to the Participating Organisations only.
(23) IBPS reserves the right to change (cancel/ modify/ add) any of the criteria, method of selection and provisional allotment etc.
(24) Intimations will be sent by email and/ or sms only to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CRP- PO/MT-VIII.
(25) IBPS shall not be responsible if the information/ intimations do not reach candidates in case of change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise, beyond the control of IBPS and candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for latest updates.
(26) Order of preference for Participating Organisations has been inbuilt in the online application form. Candidates should necessarily indicate their order of preferences at this stage. No request for change in this connection shall be entertained.
(27) If at a later stage of selection process or appointment, the handwriting on the handwritten declaration of the candidate is found to be dissimilar / different, as per expert analysis, the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled.
J. Following items are not allowed inside the examination centre:-
(a) Any stationery item like textual material (printed or written), bits of papers, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Log Table, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
(b) Any communication device like Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, Microphone, Pager, Health Band etc.
(c) Other items like Goggles, Handbags, Hair-pin, Hair-band, Belt, Cap, etc.
(d) All ornament like Ring, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Pendants, Badge, brooch etc. should be thoroughly checked.
(e) Any watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, etc.
(f) Any metallic item
(g) Any eatable item opened or packed, water bottle etc.
(h) Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like camera, blue tooth devices etc.
Any infringement of these instructions shall entail cancellation of candidature and disciplinary action including ban from future examinations and police complaints.
Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for their safekeeping cannot be assured. IBPS or any agency engaged with conduct of the online examination shall not take any responsibility for loss of any of the items. Responsibility of safekeeping of the same shall rest with the candidates at cost or no cost.