For Bank and Government Exams
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||IDBI Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Vijaya Bank|
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has finally announced the much awaited IBPS PO Notification 2017 today. As per the IBPS PO notification, online registrations for IBPS PO 2017 will start from 16th August 2017 and would be open until 5th September 2017.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE PO/MT-VI should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
1.Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1987 and not later than 01.08.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
NOTE: (i) The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point No. II (3) to II (6).
(ii) The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
(iii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by IBPS/ Participating Organisation(s).
(iv) In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases. There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent
qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
I. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. IBPS PO Preliminary Exam
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
b. IBPS PO Main Exam
|Sr.No||Name of Tests(NOT BY SEQUENCE)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
1. The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be
normalized using equi-percentile method.
2. Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations
Cut-off Score (Online main examination)
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
(i) The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The list of Examination centres for the Preliminary exams is available in Annexure II.
(ii) No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
(iii) IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc
(iv) IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for
(v) Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
(vi) Any unruly behaviour/misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by IBPS
(vii) The centres for the Main Examination will be limited
EXAMINATION CENTRES – Preliminary Examination
The examination may be held at the following centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc. IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the main examination for CWE PO/MT-VI will subsequently be called
for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each
State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The centre, address of the venue,
time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required
to download their interview call letters from authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in
Please note that any request regarding change in date, centre etc. of interview will not be entertained. However the conducting agencies
reserve the right to change the date/ venue/ time/ centre etc. of interview or hold supplementary process for
particular date / session / venue / centre / set of candidates at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination of CWE PO/MT-VI and Interview. Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
A candidate should qualify both in the CWE (Main) and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IBPS website
IDENTITY VERIFICATION(i) DOCUMENTS TO BE PRODUCED
In the examination hall as well as at the time of interview, the call letter along with a photocopy of the
candidate’s photo identity (bearing exactly the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN
Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued
by a Gazzetted Officer/ People’s Representative along with a photograph / Identity Card issued by a
recognised college/ university/ Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID should be submitted to the
invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call
letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the
candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Examination/ interview.
Ration Card will not be accepted as valid id proof for this project.
In case of candidates who have changed their name, they will be allowed only if they produce original Gazette notification / their original marriage certificate / affidavit in original.
Candidates can apply online only from 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should—
(i) scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
(iv) have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
1.Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
2.Rs. 600 /- for all others.
Procedure for applying online
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE PO/MT” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWEPROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CWE-PO/MT-VI)” to open the On-Line Application Form
(2) Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed
(3) Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure III)
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only: Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
(1) Candidates will have to invariably produce and submit the requisite documents such as valid call letter,
a photocopy of photo-identity proof bearing the same name as it appears on the online submitted
application form etc. at the time of examinations (Preliminary & Main) and interview respectively.
(2) Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates are therefore advised to carefully read this advertisement and follow all the instructions given for submitting online application.
(3) A Candidate’s admission to the examination/ shortlisting for interview/ and subsequent processes is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter(s)/ provisional allotment has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/ her candidature has been finally cleared by IBPS/ Participating Organisation. IBPS/ Participating Organisations would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s).If candidature of any candidate is rejected for any reason according to the terms and conditions of this advertisement, no further representation in this regard will be entertained. If any of these shortcomings is/are detectedafter appointment in a Participating Organisation, his/her services are liable to be summarily terminated.
(4) Decision of Nodal Banks/Participating Organisations/ IBPS in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, qualifications and other eligibility norms, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Examination, interview, verification etc. and any other matter relating to CWE PO/MT-VI will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by IBPS/ Participating Organisations in this behalf.
(5) Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. In case of multiple Applications only the latest valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charges paid for the other multiple registration(s) will stand forfeited. The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination (CWE PO/MT-VI). If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature for CWE of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Multiple attendance/ appearances in the online examination and/ interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
(6) Online applications once registered will not be allowed to be withdrawn and/or the application fee/ intimation charges once paid will not be refunded nor be held in reserve for any other examination.
(7) Any resulting dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai.
(8) Any canvassing or creating influence for undue advantage shall lead to disqualification from the process.
(9) Any request for change of address, details mentioned in the online application form will not be entertained.
(10) Any request for change of date, time and venue for online examination and interview will not be entertained.
(11) In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this advertisement other than English, the English version available on IBPS website shall prevail.
(12) A candidate should ensure that the signatures appended by him/her in all the places viz. in his/her call letter, attendance sheet etc. and in all correspondence with the IBPS/ Participating Organisations in future should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
(13) A recent, recognizable photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) should be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form and the candidate should ensure that copies of the same are retained for use at various stages of the process. Candidates are also advised not to change their appearance till the process is completed. Failure to produce the same photograph at various stages of the process or doubt about identity at any stage could lead to disqualification.
(14) The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a reexam is at the absolute discretion of IBPS. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
(15) Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own expense. However, eligible outstation SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates called for interview will be paid II class to & fro railway/ bus fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel (rail/ bus ticket etc.). The above concession will not be admissible to SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities category candidates who are already in service in Central / State Government, Corporations, Public Undertakings / Local Government, Institutions and Panchayats etc.
(16) Nodal Banks/ Participating Organisations/ IBPS shall not be responsible for any application made/ wrong information provided by an unauthorized person / institution. Candidates are advised not to share/ mention their application details with/to anyone.
(17) Appointment of provisionally allotted candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit, as per any other requirements of the Participating Organisation and subject to service and conduct rules of the Participating Organisation. Decision of Participating Organisations to which candidates are provisionally allotted will be final and binding on candidates. IBPS has no role to play here. Any queries in this regard are to be made to the Participating Organisations only.
(18) IBPS reserves the right to change (cancel/ modify/ add) any of the criteria, method of selection and provisional allotment etc.
(19) Intimations will be sent by email and/ or sms only to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CWE PO/MT-VI.IBPS shall not be responsible if the information/ intimations do not reach candidates in case of change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise, beyond the control of IBPS and candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for latest updates.
(20) Order of preference for Participating Organisations has been inbuilt in the online application form. Candidates should necessarily indicate their order of preferences at this stage. No request for change in this connection shall be entertained.
The Centre, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations and interview shall be intimated
in the respective Call Letter.
An eligible candidate should download his/her call letter from the IBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/ her details i.e. Registration Number and Password/Date of Birth. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout etc. will be sent by post/ courier.
Call letter for Scribe in the Main Examination: There will be an additional call letter for Scribe for the Main Examination.
Intimations will be sent by email and/ sms to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form for CWE PO/MT-VI. IBPS/ Participating Organisations will not take responsibility for late receipt / non-receipt of any communication e-mailed/ sent via sms to the candidate due to change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise beyond the control of IBPS/ Participating Organisations. Candidates are hence advised to regularly keep in touch with the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in for details, updates and any information which may be posted for further guidance as well as to check their registered e-mail account from time to time during the recruitment process