For Bank and Government Exams
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Version||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||Only English||40 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
There will be ¼ penalty for wrong answers Tests will be made available on in English
The South Indian Bank Ltd., a premier Commercial Bank in India, invites applications from Indian Nationals for filling up the vacancies of Probationary Officers- Scale I. Eligible Candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com. No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
|Online Application - Start Date||16.05.2018|
|Online Application – End Date||25.05.2018|
|Online Test - Tentative||June 2018|
The number of vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirements of the Bank/ future contingencies
|Educational Qualification as on 31.12.2017||X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60 % marks under regular course.|
|Age||Less than 25 years as on 31.12.2017. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.01.1993 and not later than 31.12.1998 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates|
1.Candidates who are meeting the requisite educational qualification as on 31.12.2017 only will be
eligible to apply.
2. Candidate should have passed X, XII and Graduation under regular course (full time course) from a recognised University/ Institute recognised by the Govt. of India. Educational qualification by mode of distance education will not be considered.
3. If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to 60% or more may apply. Equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
4. Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 % )
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
1. Initial Short listing will be done based on the online test marks.
2. Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for online test, GD and Personal Interview.
3. Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the number of applications for the post
|General Category||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ST category||Rs. 200/-|
*Excluding GST and other charges
Candidates meeting the stipulated norms only need to apply for the post. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded in any case.
DETAILED GUIDELINES/PROCEDURES FOR
a) APPLICATION REGISTRATION
b) PAYMENT OF FEES
c) PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE SCAN AND UPLOAD
Candidates can apply online only from 16.05.2018 to 25.05.2018 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should-
i. Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
ii. Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
iii. APPLICATION FEES (NON REFUNDABLE)
PAYMENT OF FEE ON LINE: 16.05.2018 to 25.05.2018
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the candidate.
a) Application Procedure
1. Candidates to go to the Bank’s website ‘www.southindianbank.com’ click on the option "APPLY ONLINE" which will open a new screen.
2. To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
4. Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point "C".
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
12. Click on 'Submit' button.
b) Payment of Fees
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
3. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
5. Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
c) Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below. Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo in place of photo and signature in place of signature is not uploaded properly, candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye"
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- Candidate must ensure that Photo to be uploaded is of required size and the face should be clearly visible.
- If the photo is not uploaded at the place of Photo Admission for Examination will be rejected/denied. Candidate him/herself will be responsible for the same.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used in the Attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
- The applicant's signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the applicant may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
- Candidates should ensure that the signature uploaded is clearly visible
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon.
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph) & 20 kb(signature) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been saved.
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photograph and signature as specified.
(1) In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application may be rejected. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
1. The examination will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters.
2. No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
3. Bank, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
4. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
5. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
6. Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final.
If sufficient number of candidates does not opt for a particular centre for "Online" examination, Bank reserves the right to allot any other adjacent centre to those candidates OR if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for online exam for a centre, Bank reserves the right to allot any other centre to the candidate.
Tentative Centre List for Online Test