All those who are looking for jobs which provide security, high salary and non-hectic work schedule and many other facilities, there is a reason to rejoice. After nearly a gap of three years, Indian Railway Board is back with bumper vacancies for the post of Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Enquiry-Cum-Reservation Clerk, Goods Guard, Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist, Senior Clerk-cum-Typist, Assistant Station Master, Traffic Assistant and Senior Time Keeper. Well, take a guess at the number of vacancies. You will be surprised to know that nearly 18,252 vacancies are up for grabs.
With these vacancies announced, Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories (RRB NTPC) has become one of the most critical Railway Job Exams in 2016. Since the number of vacancies is huge, the competition for various posts is also tough. This means that the preparation of the aspirants should not only be good but the best.
So, in order to help you prepare well for the RRB NTPC Exam 2016, today, we bring to you some tips and tricks to score high marks and make your dream come true.
If you aspire to get into Indian Railways through RRB NTPC Exam, then you should start your preparation right away and get the early starter advantage. Take a look at the following steps:
- Know the right syllabus: Knowing the right syllabus is the first and the most important thing as you cannot start your preparation for the exam without knowing the complete and updated syllabus of the exam. If you know the syllabus, then you will be able to make a systematic time table by covering all the subjects and select the appropriate study material.
- Chalk out a study plan: Depending on your strengths and weaknesses, chalk out a detailed study plan and follow it religiously till the date of exam to ensure maximum preparedness. Through this strategy, you will be able to work on your weaker areas, give your best shot and increase your chances of qualifying in the exam.
- Practice to perfection: Practice is the key to success in all the competitive exams and RRB NTPC 2016 is no exception. Hence, ensure that you practice rigorously and improve your chances of selection. The more you practice, the more will be your understanding of the subject. Practice previous year’s question papers, sample papers and attempt mock tests. Practicing previous year’s papers will give you an idea about the examination pattern as well.
- Learn Time Management: Speed and Time Management play a major role in the competitive exams and RRB NTPC Exam 2016 is no different. If you know how to manage time, then you will be able to solve all the questions easily in limited allotted time period. Thus, you must be lightning fast in calculations. For this, you can keep a stopwatch by your side and practice regularly. Do know that everyone else who is preparing for this exam has the same amount of time. The one, who uses it smartly, succeeds.
- Revision is important: Revising what you have studied before the exams is the key. If you don’t revise, then you might forget what you have learnt during your preparation time. So, give proper time to revision.
Tips for each section of RRB NTPC Exam 2016
- Read daily newspapers as this will keep you updated with current affairs.
- Read exhaustive material on general awareness.
- Prepare notes of important news (political, social as well as economic) and corporate affairs and revise them meticulously.
- Another way of preparing for this subject is going through magazines that focus on general knowledge and current affairs.
- Spend at least 45 minutes every day on improving your calculation ability so that you can maximise your score in this section.
- Have a list of formulae that are important and make sure that you remember them all.
- Learn the smart methods and tricks for answering questions in this section to save your time.
- Read the question very carefully and pay attention to words having negative prefixes like non- , un- as they can fool you for facts.
- Reasoning problems take more time than other sections, hence, learn the art of Time Management.
Take help from the experts
How to Crack in RRB NTPC 2016 without Breaking Your Morale
By Rohit Agarwal
All those who are looking for jobs which provide security, high salary and non-hectic work schedule and many other facilities, there is a reason to rejoice. After nearly a gap of three years, Indian Railway Board is back with bumper vacancies. You will be surprised to know that nearly 18,252 vacancies are up for grabs.