SSC CGL is one of the premier exams in India if you are aspiring to get into a Government job in 2016. However, the competition for this exam is very high. More and more people are applying for this exam every passing year. This has increased the cut-off marks each year.
But with planning and dedication to the plan one can beat the competition down. In this post we will deal with how you can go about preparing for each of the sections and what you should focus on. To begin with, give your preparation an early bird advantage. The earlier you start preparing, the better it is.
The SSC CGL Exam is divided into three topics viz., (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) Quantitative Aptitude (iii) General Awareness. The best way to prepare for the exam is to identify the key topics in each section and prepare for it rather than following a very generic approach.
This section tests the basic intelligence and reasoning abilities of the candidate. They involve questions on Decision Making, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Numeric Operations, Space Orientation and so on. This requires regular practice to score better. There are many good books available in the market to understand and solve these problems. Try to understand the pattern on which these questions are based and the standard approaches available to solve them.
What to focus on?
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Semantic Series
- Figure Pattern – folding and completion, Mirror Image, Water Images, Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Problem Solving etc.
- Decimal and Fractions
- Relationship between numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Roots
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Use of Tables and Graphs like Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart and so on.
3. General Knowledge and Awareness
- Cover syllabus from History, Geography, Politics, Economy and Current Affairs
- Read any one or two National newspapers to be read on a daily basis
- Read any one or two magazines that give information on current affairs
3 Things That Will Help You Crack SSC-CGL 2016
SSC CGL is one of the premier exams in India if you are aspiring to get into a Government job in 2016. However, the competition for this exam is very high. But with planning and dedication to the plan one can beat the competition down.