Every year, close to one million teachers and non-teachers appear for CTET exam. Approximately 1-2% of them cleare it. The competition is tough on account of the growing acceptability of this standardised recruitment process and score.
Appearing and clearing this test is one of the basic requirements for all who wish to take up teaching. CTET is an exam that gauges the individual’s ability in different aspects, from subject knowledge to child psychology to teaching abilities and so on. CTET certification is not just accepted by Government schools but also private schools. Many avenues open up for individuals after clearing the CTET exam.
As per the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education had laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher is that he/ she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
Here’s what you need to know to chalk out a successful teaching career after clearing CTET exam:
- The CTET certificate is applicable in CBSE Board School, Government School or Government aided institutions.
- CTET scores are also accepted by private schools. The number of private schools has increased substantially and therefore, one can also look at teaching career in private schools post CTET.
- In addition to schools, it is a known fact that there has been an increase in the coaching centres and training institutes. Therefore, post-CTET, looking at joining some reputed coaching centres is also a good option.
- Most of the reputed and top notch CBSE schools are looking for candidates with good score in CTET.
- There are about 1300 Kendriya Vidyalayas in India with more than 5000+ vacancies. You can directly apply to them or look for notifications.
- There are more than 18,000 CBSE affiliated schools in the country and they have to follow the mandate of hiring teachers with CTET qualification only. After you pass the CTET exam, you are eligible to apply for primary teachers and TGT posts in Central Government Schools such as Army Schools, Central CBSE Schools/KVS, and Navodaya Samithi Schools.
- Visit this link to explore relevant Govt. jobs where CTET is either a necessary condition or an added advantage
- If you have finished B.Ed., then you need to proactively look for and apply for vacant teaching positions in Govt and private sectors. Merely clearing the exam won’t help.
In addition to self-search for vacancies in Government schools, there are various agencies which help bridge this gap and help teachers get the right information about the openings. These institutes also help in training for the CTET exams. Professional training Institutes like TalentSprint can help you get trained to pass the exam with a high score and also look for suitable opportunities after the exam is cleared. The Institute offers both classroom and online teaching modes, so it virtually suits every teacher’s needs. Geographical location is no constraint to get trained from such reputed Institutes.