Here is how you can get a respectable bank job through successfully cracking the competitive bank exams while still pursuing your regular job.
- Take a diagnostic test or attempt last year’s question paper on day one: Do this without any preparation. This will give you an idea as to how much preparation you need and how far you are from the cut-off score. At this stage, you also need to get familiar with the exam, its different sections and question types.
- Know the syllabus: The next stage is getting familiar with the syllabus. Knowing the right syllabus is very important. Knowing the syllabus well will help you make a neat timetable that covers all the subjects. So, study the syllabi of all the subjects before proceeding to the next step.
- Prepare a time-table: Depending on the above two steps, you need to set deadlines for yourself and make a good time table. The key is not to prioritise what is on your schedule but to schedule your priorities as per the time available.
- Devote enough time to each subject: Remember that all subjects are important and you need to give enough time prepare for all of them. If you are good at Maths or English, do not take your knowledge for granted but practice these subjects well. For English, read newspapers and practice grammar. For Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability, practice a lot of sums and for General Awareness, prepare notes of important news (political, social as well as economic) and corporate affairs and revise them meticulously.
- Practice and more practice: Practice is the key to success in all the competitive bank exams. Practice rigorously and improve your chances of selection. The more you practice, the better will be your speed and accuracy. Practice previous year’s question papers, online sample papers and take up mock tests. Analyse your score and timing. Your goal should be to consistently score 20 percent above the expected score cut-off and analysing your mistakes, weak and strong areas.
- Manage time better: Speed and time play a major role in the competitive exams. If you know how to manage them, you will be able to attempt all the questions easily in a limited allotted period.
Seek expert help
While the above-mentioned preparation tips might help you, there is always the need for expert guidance. Since you are a working professional attending coaching classes might be difficult for you owing to the time crunch. Hence, you can take help of coaching platforms like TalentSprint that have online classes, videos, mock tests and unique Pendrive courses. These courses can help you in preparing for the exam in a limited time period without going to the coaching institute physically. All you need is dedication and hard work. You surely can make your way to success even through a busy work schedule.