SSC CGL 2017 exam starts from 1st August. And we are only 2 weeks away from it. Find out how to make the best use of the remaining two weeks to ace the SSC CGL 2017.
In the last few days, we have received multiple queries from our students and free users accessing our content asking us how they should make the best use of the available time for their preparation for SSC CGL 2017.
We usually expect our students to put in a minimum of 6 to 8 months into preparing for SSC CGL exams since this is one of the most sought-after exams in India. However, the last 2 weeks running up to the exam turns out to be the most crucial time for any SSC aspirant.
Keeping that in mind, our expert faculty has put together an effective short-term preparation plan for SSC CGL 2017.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam – Two Weeks Intensive Study Plan
Before we jump into the SSC CGL 2-weeks study plan, some of the key expectations that we place before the aspirants are:
1. should be ready to spend not less than 50 hours a week till the examination
2. prepare with full dedication, focus and commitment.
3. should have access to best content to capitalise your efforts
If you believe that you are committed to points 1 and 2 above, we are here to provide the number 3 above.
Topics To Focus On For SSC CGL 2017
Before we get into the preparation plan, let us first look at important topics to be focused on each of the sections
How To Prepare For SSC CGL 2017
A 2-weeks preparation plan is like a Slog Over approach in T20 match. Confidence, aggression and risk taking are the key features of this approach. Honestly, there is very little time available, and you cannot look at improving your skills or learning new concepts. Only learn the tactics and go ahead and depend on your basic skills acquired during your education.
Preparation (100 hours)
Preparation has three parts viz. Learn, Revise and Practice.
Basic Preparation (50 hours)
The main objective of basic preparation is to have the concepts understood. But you don’t have much time to go through the basic concepts. You should only focus on shortcuts and practice them well.
- Go through most important sections in which you do not have a prior understanding. This typically can be reasoning topics like Machine Input Output, Element Series, Arrangements etc. You can afford to spend around 6 hours on this.
- Set aside 0:45 hr a day to go through the topics like Word Power, Synonyms Antonyms, Current Affairs, Computer terms etc.
- Go through the shortcut videos we have on Youtube.
Revision (30 hours)
Revision plays the most important role in SSC CGL preparation. You must revise the most important topics covered across all sections i.e., Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English and General Awareness.
Practice (20 hours)
As emphasised several times before, practice is an important area that one needs to focus on.
Here again, we suggest a two-pronged approach. One is to solve previous year papers and other is to take up fresh question papers.
- Solve at least 1-2 previous year question papers – 4 hours
- Take at least 1 other new question papers – 2 hours
Ideally, this practice needs to be done ONLINE and in an interface similar to that of the SSC CGL Exam itself.
Hope this helps you make the best of the last few weeks left before you take the SSC CGL 2017 exam! We look forward to hearing your success stories.