IBPS PO Prelims is an Exam conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). IBPS PO Prelims Exam is taken up by those candidates who want a post as Probationary Officers (PO) in various public sector banks. IBPS PO Prelims helps a candidate to build his/her excellent career in public sector banks.
The IBPS PO Notification for 2017 is OUT. Click below for details.
Before knowing How to prepare for IBPS PO Prelims Examination it is mandatory for you to know about IBPS PO Exam.
What is IBPS PO Exam
A candidate whose age is between 20-30 years (age restrictions applicable according to the IBPS PO Notification) in the general category can appear for IBPS PO Prelims Exam. A candidate should be a graduate in order to apply for IBPS PO Exam.
Usually, the IBPS PO Exam is conducted in the month of October and November. The IBPS PO Exam has 3 phases.
- 1st phase is called as Preliminary Examination, which is an online exam
- 2nd phase is the Mains which is a common written examination
- 3rd phase is a common Interview in which the marks of Mains are taken into consideration
To become a PO in Public Sector Bank a candidate should clear all the three rounds. A candidate is given 2 months time for preparation, right after the IBPS PO notification is published by IBPS.
As an IBPS PO Prelims aspirant, you should use these 2 months wisely and smartly to crack IBPS PO Prelims 2017.
Tips to Prepare for IBPS PO Prelims
Given below is a detailed syllabus for IBPS PO Prelims 2017. You can refer to it to make your own IBPS PO Study Plan.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
Tips for each section which will help you prepare for IBPS PO Prelims Examination
- Reasoning: Reasoning section of IBPS PO Prelims Exam tests your mental ability and your power of observation. This section is allotted with higher marks, hence, concentrate on this section while preparing and also practice more questions on blood relations, syllogisms etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The quantitative section of IBPS PO Prelims Exam tests the mathematical ability of a candidate. The only key to crack this section is practice. Practice as much as you can. Learn all the shortcut tricks and be good with numbers. This section covers topic like Mensuration, Profit and Loss, Probability, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion etc.
- General English: A common mistake made by the candidates who appear for IBPS PO Prelims Exam is that they don’t take English Section seriously. Often, they don’t prepare for it and take it for granted. English is a language, and without practicing it, you can never get a command over it. Every day learn 5 new words, solve questions, read comprehensions, watch the news in English, get into the habit of reading English Newspapers and take up as many mock tests you can.
2. Practice: IBPS PO Prelims Exam can only be cracked with the help of practice. This is the most important tip that you need to follow. Take up as many mock tests you can, practice as many different types of questions as you can. Dedicate at least 2 hours for practice and keep a track of your progress.
Only with practice, you will know the result of your preparation.
3. Proper Time Management: It is mandatory for you to utilize your time wisely. Dedicate time for all the sections and study one topic at a time. Pay attention to each topic and make sure that you distribute your time accordingly for IBPS PO Prelims.
4. Revision: Revision helps your memory to retain what you study for longer. Each day, give yourself one hour to revise whatever you have studied the day before. Make your study plan in such a way that sufficient amount of time is left at the end for you to do a complete revision for IBPS PO Prelims.
5. Stay Confident: Don’t let the negative thoughts conquer your mind. Stay Confident about yourself and start your preparation with a positive attitude. Don’t let yourself down and dedicate yourself for the preparation of IBPS PO Prelims Exam.
Since the IBPS PO Exam notification is out, we know that there are exactly 50 days from now for you to attempt IBPS PO Prelims. Don’t waste your time, Start your preparation now!