Here’s your daily summary of Current Affairs.
The capital of is Oslo and its currency is the Norwegian krone.
The main areas of cooperation include the following:
• Non-communicable diseases, including child cardiovascular diseases and cancer;
• Drug Regulation and Pharmaceutical quality control;
• Maternal, child and neonatal health;
• Hospital twinning for the exchange of good practices.
The Capital of Morocco is Rabat and its currency is the Moroccan dirham.
The National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated annually on 14th December. The 14th President of India Mr. Ram Nath Kovind was the Chief Guest on the occasion. The ECD is organized on 14th December each year by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under Ministry of Power. The Day is celebrated with an aim to demonstrate India’s achievements in energy efficiency and conservation.
OBOPAY has announced that the company has secured a license for Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI) from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate a semi-closed loop wallet in the country. The company would also be using the license to increase business in its B2B (business-to-business) operations by co-branding the prepaid instrument with a partner brand.
- OBOPAY is a global mobile payment solutions company.
- OBOPAY was established in 2005.
- The Chairman of the Company is D. Padmanabhan and its Head Office is in Bengaluru.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India decided to lift the ban on the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) provided former IPL Chief Lalit Modi stays away from its functioning, the Board decided in its Special General Meeting (SGM). The RCA was suspended by the Indian cricket board in May 2014 when ex-Indian Premier League (IPL) Commissioner Modi was re-elected its president.
India has upgraded its ranks in ‘The Legatum Prosperity Index 2017’ and is now at the 100th position. At present, the rising trend in India’s prosperity is significant in view of the fact that India registered lower economic growth following demonetisation and implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) reform in 2017. The index, which offers an insight into how prosperity is forming and changing across the world, ranks India 100th on the list of prosperous countries among 149 countries.
A Financing Agreement for IBRD loan of USD 250 million for the “Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) Project” was signed with the World Bank. The Objective of the project is to enhance institutional mechanisms for skills development and increase access to quality and market-relevant training for the workforce. The closing date for the project is 31st March 2023.
- IBRD is the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- The President of World Bank is Jim Yong Kim and its Headquarters is in Washington DC, USA.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi commissioned India’s first modern conventional submarine, INS Kalvari, into Navy’s fleet in Mumbai, a first in almost two decades. Kalvari is the first of the six Scorpene-class submarines handed over by shipbuilder Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL). The Navy last inducted a conventional diesel-electric submarine, INS Sindhushastra, procured from Russia in July 2000.
The following Banks won the respective awards in the various categories in the Financial Express Banking Awards 2017:
1) Best Nationalised Bank – State Bank of India
2) Best Old Generation Private Sector Bank – City Union Bank
3) Best New Generation Private Sector Bank – HDFC Bank
4) Banker of the Year – Arundhathi Bhattacharya
5) Lifetime Achievement – Uday Kotak
6) Best NBFC – Ujjivan Financial Services
7) Special Initiative Award – Shriram Transport Finance
8) Best Mobile Banking App – ICICI Bank
9) Best Savings Bank Product – Kotak Mahindra Bank
On 12th December 2017, a 12 feet bronze statue of the iconic footballer Diego Maradona was unveiled by the superstar himself in Kolkata. The statue is a replica of him holding aloft the 1986 World Cup trophy and it will be installed in a park to be named after him.
On 13th December 2017, the Government of South Korea has informed that it was banning all its Banks from trading in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. This comes against the background of the Bitcoin seeing new records in prices, which financial experts think as a bubble waiting to burst anytime. South Korea accounts for nearly 20% of the Global Bitcoin transactions.